Brompton battery rear lights

For discussion of Brompton bicycles.

Brompton battery rear lights

Postby iambrian on Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:12 am

New Brompton owner alert. I'm retired with a tiny campervan and have just bought 2 new M6Ls for my wife and myself, primarily for trundling from campsites into town, and general touring.

The Brompton rear reflector lights are getting a bit harder to find and also folk have commented about switches breaking. There are several other reflector lights which would almost certainly fit the bracket that is now standard for holding the rear reflector but I suspect many are too deep to not ground when folded. I'll put Easy-wheels on the bikes for convenience i I guess that gives me a little more clearance but I'd be interested in anyone who has any alternative to the Brompton official rear reflector light that works well.

Thanks
iambrian

Re: Brompton battery rear lights

Postby Guest on Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:29 pm

Tern Vizy. It is USB rechargeable, attaches anywhere on the seatpost, and is easily removed.

Re: Brompton battery rear lights

Postby Han on Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:23 am

Hi

Not sure where you are based - but the Brompton rear lights / reflectors should be easy enough to find (e.g. my local shop):

https://brilliantbikes.co.uk/brompton-b ... light.html

You are right though - they do seem to fail - i have to replace mine each winter - maybe it is to owet for them here in the UK - but they are from Holland/NL so the weather should be the same

An alternative can be to use a CatEye bracket - and fit any compatible rear light

(With a newer saddle you can also use the CatEye mini from Brompton - but have heard reports of these falling off too easily)

- Han
Han

Return to Brompton