Welcome to foldingforum.com

For buying and selling folding and micro bicycles. Completely free to use! You can also link to your Ebay auctions etc. For non-commercial use only, and no fakes please.

Re: Welcome to foldingforum.com

Postby BromptonRail on Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:44 pm

Guest wrote:Hi!

I'm Martin and I've just joined, thanks for accepting me.

First Brompton was in 1993, a red 3 speed, bought from Castle Cycles in Newark, Notts. Sadly they are no longer there.

Since then I have bought 11 Bromies in total with the latest a fetching grey lightweight (Ti) H model with reduced gearing 6 speeds. I'm liking the 2017 combined gear/brake levers, as well as the new front headlamp. Great. Most of the previous Bromies have been sold on, though I do have a much updated 2006 model which even has a titanium seatpost!

I've even tried a Nano Brompton, purchased from some really helpful folks at their Leamington Spa workshops. However it wasn't really my scene and It has gone. Electric bikes are heavy (think motor and battery) and I prefer, at 75, to pedal myself along. I do have an electric Gazelle which is brilliant for a supermarket shop.

Oops! :oops: Just joined and didn't realise I wasn't logged in.
So, sorry, the "Guest" is me BromptonRail, I.e Martin and I wrote the above.
Oh, and I live in Doncaster, where the biggest hills are railway and canal bridges.

To give credit where it is due, also, I buy my bikes (BROMPTON's and Gazelle now, but have had Birdys in the past) from the biggest and best bike shop in North Yorkshire (& probably far beyond) - Cycle Heaven. Special mention to their Folding Bike shop at the front of YORK Railway Station, they have a wide range of Tern, BROMPTON, Birdy and Airnimal as well as accessories and top Class repair workshop.
BromptonRail

Postby pellonet on Wed May 10, 2017 2:49 pm

Hello Garry & members, thank you for membership to your community now here's me;
I am 71 years young & have been leisure cycling for about 64 of those years.
I currently own a 2017 Black Brompton M6L which I was able to afford by refurbishing Bromptons & selling them on for a small profit. This has now morphed into an M6R with Shimano hub lighting, Ergon grips & black rack & mudguards.
I also own an electric EPAC Eco-Stepper which is gathering dust because I need the exercise. ;)
Thanks for reading & I look forward to learning & contributing from & to the community.
Peter
pellonet

Postby Paulash on Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:28 am

Morning, Garry.
My name is Paul and I am the new owner of an ancient Brompton in Jo'burg, South Africa. I use the bike for getting around the neighborhood but a couple of epic long-distance tours are on the cards for the next few months.
Joined the forum to get some advice and share my "learnings".
Cheers
Paul
Paulash

Previous

Return to Marketplace